We are pleased to announce that we will again host Dr. Jack Turbyfill at Interchrome Dental Lab, on April 12-14, 2018!
For anyone who doesn’t know, Dr. Jack Turbyfill is truly one of the living legends of dentistry. His methods are world renowned, and at the same time, a dying art. His course teaches clinicians how to regain success and pleasure with complete denture services, and is designed for teaching a refined concept in complete denture prosthetics.
Dr. Turbyfill teaches a unique method that establishes anterior components and posterior occlusion, and when done properly lends to simplicity in denture success. Probably the most noticeable difference from traditional denture concepts is the construction of a trial denture, whereby experimental dentures are fabricated and approved by patient and dentist before the final dentures are made. It is a protective philosophy for both patient and dentist, more like a “try it before you buy it” philosophy. This is not a quickie mass production technique, but designed for dentists who want the ultimate in full denture service for their patients.
He discusses how the development of osseointegrated root form implant systems has taught us one thing about patients who are dental cripples – that they are willing to invest large amounts if the profession has something better to offer! Most denture patients know, as well as the dentist, the old impression, jaw relation, try-in and delivery system. And they also know about the all too often multiple post-operative adjustments that can lead to dissatisfaction. Dr. Turbyfill’s technique has been readily accepted by patients, and validated by his peers for decades.
Complete Course Objectives are as follows:
- Arrange maxillary and mandibular teeth to esthetics using anatomical harmony and phonetics with no chance of restriction of the anterior envelope of function.
- Achieving a balanced occlusion in centric relation using several procedures. Occlusion is the single most important principle in removable prosthetics.
- Delivery of the treatment denture and achievement of perfect patient generated functional impressions.
- Lingualized occlusion as well as when to use cross bite.
- Treating Class I, II and III cases using the same basic principles.
- Finalization procedures to go from the treatment denture to the final denture that require few if no post insertion adjustments.
- Occlusal refinement using a central bearing point and functional analysis of the envelope of function.
- Use of the treatment denture to make a surgical stent and for the prosthetic guide if implants are part of the treatment options.
- The special techniques of the maxillary denture that opposes mandibular natural teeth or when there are all or just a few mandibular teeth.
- Custom gold occlusal surfaces in removable appliances and why they are necessary.
- Why sometimes the use of plastic teeth can cause problems for the patient in the future.
- Basic partial denture design principles. Keeping attachments simple. Post insertion reline of the free end saddle partial to assure success.
His appearance again, reinforces Interchrome’s commitment to help our dentists reach the pinnacle of which they are capable, and ultimately help them look like a hero to their patients. For more information about Dr. Turbyfill’s course at Interchrome, call us at 757-271-5811.
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.